Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dearest Bradford,

I cannot believe that September 27 has come and gone. You are five now. FIVE! How can this be? It seems like yesterday that I held you as an infant... At only two weeks old you raised your head to look at me. You are such a delightful, smart young man. Remember when we use to spin in circles while listening to opera music or jumping up and down while listening to "Jump in?" Remember going to Target to shop with Grammy and then eating pizza afterward? Two words... Chucky Cheese's.

I remember so much. I hope you will never forget, but I know you have a great memory. Some of my fondest moments are sitting in church with you and Grammy. You two were my life. You still are.

You spoke of Grammy today and I had to hold back tears. She loved you so so much that I can't begin to tell you.

I can't believe Grammy is gone. July 18, 2008, 5:18pm. That day will forever be engraved in my mind. You were there. Your bright, sun filled face. So innocent, so loving. It broke my heart to hear you say goodbye to Grammy. It still breaks over and over again when I think of it.

and then I talk to you. You laugh at the silliest things even at the most difficult times. And I smile through my tears. How happy you make those who surround you.

I called you tonight and sang Happy Birthday. You were most annoyed and told me you would plug your ears if I sang more. Guess I don't have much of an opera career. You were unhappy with one of my gifts and said it was too girly. lol I'm grateful John talked me out of the carebear!!

You are so intelligent. You knew that Great-Mama passed and that she was with Grammy. I can't believe it's been 3 days already since she has passed on. But I know they are watching over you and that love surrounds you.

I wish I could be there with you. I dream of you and think of you every day. I love you and miss you more than you will ever know.

Grammy would have wanted me to share this with you...

HI BRADFORD
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BIG 4 YEAR OLD. GRAMMY WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH. I HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN BIRTHDAY, AND I WANT YOU TO HAVE FUN AND CELEBRATE BEING 4. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST YOU HAVE GROWN UP. SOON YOU CAN COME TO GRAMMY'S NEW HOME. I AM TAKING YOUR TOYS WITH ME..........THE KITTY CATS SAY MEOW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO. COME AND SEE ME SOMETIME. GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS.....
LOVE, GRAMMY

Happy Birthday my Bradford. I love you!

Love,
Auntie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home