Thursday, September 28, 2006

More about my new start

For the first time in a long time, I am truly happy.

Where do I start... I suppose from the beginning.

September 5-

It was on this evening that I made my journey from California to NYC. The day was jam packed with errands and cleaning and packing. It was pure madness. Reflecting back on it, I believe that it happened that way to keep my mind busy. My mother and I haven't been getting along. Mainly because I had WAY too much on my plate. My mother is very ill. It is like she has cancer and is in the final stages. It is definitely the most difficult time I have ever faced.

When I got on that plane, I had very mixed feelings. I was upset because I didn't want to let anyone down. I didn't want my mother to die that way. But I had no choice. My life had to go on. In some ways it was almost like an excuse I wanted to use because in someways I feel like I shouldn't succeed.

The plane ride was incredibly long. It was a red-eye to JFK. I didn't sleep a wink. When I arrived my other half Lans was there to greet me with her aunt.

We had a nice time. We watched a movie, went all over Manhattan, explored the bar scene. It was something I will never forget.

End of September-

I moved to Brooklyn shortly after my stay with Ilana. I live three blocks from the ocean. I have the most beautiful view of the Verrazano Bridge. I can walk for 2 miles and have an incredibly view of the Statue Of Liberty.

I've been job hunting a bit. I received a call today about an interview with a great company. I hope to nail it... I can't even imagine ... working across the street from central park on Broadway.

And then there is John. My protector, my friend, my better half. Who could resist a 6'4'', sicilian, intelligent, honest guy with a Brooklyn accent? ... WHo loves cats, can cook like no other, plays the piano beautifully, speaks italian unto me, sings whole heartedly, who is a computer NERD and can fix anything, AND he's catholic! I'm so lucky.

1 Comments:

Blogger ChuckleInMyGrave said...

Well, I'm sure that John isn't perfect and I personally know that he will make many mistakes along the way, but he always promises to be himself and throw pretention right out the window.

New York seems like a dream and I guess it can be for those who can never come here and find peace with it, but I think you are a true New Yorker at heart. I mean come on; Knowing that the D is being rerouted along the N line and transferring for a west bound B6 or grabbing it east for the F at McDonald Avenue to get downtown?! Yes, you are a New Yorker. :-)

To many the city is menacing, "dark and twisty" :-) and full of despair, but I am so glad to see that things are coming together for you.

I am very glad to share this city with you as well as many other things. Those you've left back in Cali are in my prayers, but it's time to yank the reigns, pull the strings and let Jenn be Jenn.

With love, forever and always,
John

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home